Principal, Technical Services
John has 30 years of experience in
• Electrical utility apparatus up to 500 kV, protection and telecontrol, telecommunications,
telephony, SCADA, AMR (automatic meter reading), small to medium power plant substation
automation, and personal client /server information systems.
• Large power transformer and apparatus specifications, evaluation and testing up to 260 kV
including substation apparatus such as breakers, MOD’s, station service, CT’s, PT’s, CVT’s,
buildings, lighting and comprehensive UPS and DC systems, AIS and GIS substation.
• Telecom solutions using fibre optics, wireless, microwave and power line carrier systems oil
pipeline, telehealth and video conferencing and
substantial project management of telco and government institutional projects.
• International experience covers South America, Africa, Europe and North America.
• B.A.Sc. (Hon.), Electrical Engineering, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, 1971
• Diploma, Telephony and Switching, Bournemouth Technical College, Hants, England, 1965
• Member, Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists and Geophysicists of Alberta
• Member and ex-Councilor, Association of Professional Engineers of Yukon